httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike W <mi...@crucis.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting problem
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2003 19:51:28 GMT

On Sunday 20 April 2003 01:56 pm, Sparky Kopetzky wrote:
> I thought I had this problem whipped but I don't. I can't get named
> virtual hosts working. I'm running Apache 2.0.40 under RedHat 8.0.
> Here's the config:
>
> NameVirtualHost *
>
> #
> # VirtualHost example:
> # Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
> # The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
> # server name.
> <VirtualHost www.blackmesa-isp.net>
>     ServerName www.blackmesa-isp.net
>     ServerAdmin webmaster@blackmesa-isp.net
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/html
> </VirtualHost>
> #
> <VirtualHost www.emsbureau.com>
>     ServerAdmin webmaster@emsbureau.com
>     ServerName www.emsbureau.com
>     DocumentRoot /httpd/development
> </VirtualHost>
>
> It's exactly like the Apache documentation but does not work. When I
> try to hit www.emsbureau.com I get my primary web site, not the pages
> in the emsbureau DocumentRoot.
>
> Can someone help that knows what's going on here??
>
> Appreciate the help.

That is exactly the same problem I'm having.  I think that the virtual
server is working, it's just that the virtual server document root is
defaulting to "default" document root.  I've had no luck fixing this
yet.

Mike W
- --
Registered Linux - 256979
NRA Life
ARS: WØTMW

dangerous content by F-Prot and MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.