httpd-users mailing list archives

From Douglas L Stewart <doug...@pobox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_jk2 compilation
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:32:44 GMT
I'm trying to get jk2 2.0.2 compiled for Apache 2.0.45 and Tomcat
4.1.24.  I'm on Solaris 8 with GCC 3.2.2 I've installed Apache and
Tomcat and have them working.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to get
jk2 compiled and integrated.

It looks like all the support Tomcat needs for jk is already included
in the Tomcat distribution: There is a server/lib/tomcat-jk2.jar file.

For Apache it looks like it is necessary to compile the code in the
jk2 2.0.2 bundle to get a mod_jk2.so.  Here's where I'm running into
trouble.  I wasn't having any luck with ant, so I tried to use the
configure file in jk/native2.

Unfortunately the configure file seems to have this contradiction:

          if ${TEST} ! -d ${tempval} ; then
            { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: Not a directory:
${tempval}" >&5
echo "$as_me: error: Not a directory: ${tempval}" >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
          fi

          if ${TEST} ! -f ${tempval}/; then
            { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: can't locate ${tempval}/"
>&5
echo "$as_me: error: can't locate ${tempval}/" >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
          fi

Here it's looking for the Apache2 directory.  For some reason it seems
to want it to be both a file and a directory in those two statements,
so the configure bombs.

Has anyone had any better luck with jk2?  Anyone know a mailing list
for it?