httpd-users mailing list archives

From SoloCDM <deeds...@aculink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect, Alias, Or Hard Code
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:53:47 GMT
In past experiences, I was under the impression, to protect users
home directories, the users needed to have their ~/public_html
directories put in a location only linked to their home directories.
In this manner, the location connected by a link could have
privileges unlike their home directory and allow others to web
browse their pages.

After reading the documentation for Apache 1.3.22, it refers to
redirections and aliases, which have been around for several versions
. . . maybe to take on additional roles as versions progressed.
What would be the best course of action and what documentation
would explain the steps to make the configurations?  As it is,
the users home directories are purposely configured to block any
outside users into their accounts.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: with