httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Pierce" <paged...@speakeasy.net>
Subject [users@httpd] PHP and Apache??
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:53:04 GMT

Good Evening,

I have been trying to get Apache and PHP installed and working.

It just does not want to play with each other.

What I have done:

I first install Apache into /usr/local/apache2.  Then I tried to install
PHP, it told me to run a line as follows:

./configure -with-apache=/usr/local/apache2 -enable-track-vars

Once I do this, it goes all the way through.  Then at the end it tells me that
it can not find httpd.conf file.  So I added the path of the conf file and
it still failed.

I have even done a complete reinstall of RH 8 and installed everything to
see if I could get it working.  I can not find it anywhere.

Right now as the machine sits, it has a default install of RH 8 with everything
on it.  I have found a dir called /var/www and there is nothing but docs and
the like there.  WHERE does the httpd file live?  Also what am I missing...

HELP>..