httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Skwar <lists.ASk...@email-server.info>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:41:54 GMT
Hello!

I'm having a problem with Apache-1.3.26-1.1 (Debian Package) on Debian
Woody.

In my /etc/apache/httpd.conf, I've got thsi:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
       RewriteEngine   On
       RewriteCond     ${lowercase:%{HTTP_HOST}} ^(www\.|)([^.]+)\.info.dyndns.tv$
</IfModule>

To be honest, I did not come up with this myself.  It's from
http://faq.solutionscripts.com/docs/homefree/tips/subdomains.html

When I now try to start apache, I get this error:

RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression
'^(www\.|)([^.]+)\.info.dyndns.tv$'

I also tryed escaping the all the dots (ie. info\.dyndns\.tv).  Didn't
change anything.

What strikes me, is that I'm able to use this on a SuSE 7.2 server with
Apache 1.3.19.

Any ideas about what I might have done wrong?  Or how I could further
debug this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--