httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] strange hits being logged -Worm?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:05:08 GMT
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 08:25:21PM -0400, Jeremy D. Weiss wrote:
> Question to the list in general: I know there are FAQs on Apache's site,
> might this be added to them?  There seem to have been a LOT of question
> about it, recently...

Given that the signatures change with every new worm, I see little point in
putting them into the Apache FAQ.  It's not related to Apache, and I'm not
sure who would volunteer to keep the list up to date :)

My opinion is that the answers to these questions are readily found by
searching Google, the list archives, or a security-oriented site such as
CERT or Bugtraq.  With that much duplication already, adding them to the
FAQ doesn't seem worthwhile...

Zac