httpd-users mailing list archives

From "palani saravanan " <palani_sarava...@rediffmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Ur attention plz
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 06:34:24 GMT
I am new to apache community.I am trying to execute a CGI script
using apache.I have a HTML file in var/www directory(I am using
debian Linux).
The output will show u a Button.If i press the button the control
will pass to the helloworld.pl file which i placed in
usr/lib/cgi-bin directory.
The code of my perl script is
  #!/usr/bin/perl
  print"Content-type: text/html\n\n";
  print "<html>\n";
  print "<body>\n";
  print "<h2>Hello World !!!</h2>\n";
  print "</body>\n";
  print "</html>\n";
  exit;

   Apache shows me a 500 internal server error.The errorlog file
says
  2 errors.

    1.Exec format error.execution of /usr/lib/helloworld.pl
failed

    2.Premature end of script headers.execution of
/usr/lib/helloworld.pl failed

    Eventhough the second one is answered in FAQ i cud not get
it.
I guess some configuration changes are needed in Apache's
configuration file.Plz help me to overcome  the problem.
   Thanks in advance

Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn