httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Roeleveld <r...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache cannot start anymore
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:23:05 GMT
Ok, I have registered on the list with another account which does support
plain text.

Iam ery positive the no one who isn't allowed gained access to my system.
It was "just" a lame DDoS attack.

I have reinstalled Apache by doing:
apt-get remove apache
which gives me the following output:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apache
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 770kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 28038 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing apache ...
Stopping web server: apacheNo /usr/sbin/apache found running; none killed.
.
dpkg - warning: while removing apache, directory `/var/log/apache' not
empty so not removed.

After this I did:
apt-get install apache
which gave me this output:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  apache
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 358kB of archives. After unpacking 770kB will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.nl.debian.org sid/main apache 1.3.27-0.1 [358kB]
Fetched 358kB in 3s (117kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package apache.
(Reading database ... 28010 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking apache (from .../apache_1.3.27-0.1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up apache (1.3.27-0.1) ...
Reloading apache modulesNo process in pidfile `/var/run/apache.pid' found
running; none killed.
.

I have already checked for backdoors and trojan horses these seem not to
appear.. :)

Regards, Ronald.