httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colson <scol...@westpole.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Calling php from httpd
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:55:01 GMT
I am trying to figure out if something is possible, and have had no luck
thusfar. Here's the scoop. Whenever apache serves up a file, I would like it
to automatically call a php script first. An example:
user  requests /foo.tgz
httpd sees request, calls /script.php and waits for script to exit
script either notices if user has entered first and last name (or any other
info). If so, exists normally. If user has not entered in information, script
forwards user to /getUserInfo.ext

One possibility: I know apache can automatically place a header and footer on
pages dished up, but can the header be php?

Thoughts?

-s