httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Smith <vjtapac...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ACTION & ADDHANDLER in httpd.conf
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:54:04 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to add a directive that will automatically trigger the launch of a "checkauth.cgi"
CGI script.  I've added the following lines into my "httpd.conf" file:

Action check_auth /cgi-bin/checkauth.cgi

AddHandler check_auth .cgi

I've tried adding it into a directory section for the document root (/var/www/html) and cgi-bin
(/var/www/cgi-bin) but neither one is working.  I've tried searching Google to look for examples
or ideas on where I should put these two lines of directives, but to no success.  Does anyone
know where I should list these directives in the httpd.conf file?

Thanks,

Bob