httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Correia" <Sean.Corr...@eaw.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Host or Virtual Directory
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:45:10 GMT
Make sure you restart Apache if you change the httpd.conf file.

Cheers,
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Wallace [mailto:bw@mds.k12.nm.us]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 3:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual Host or Virtual Directory

I am attempting to set up the apache web server that comes Mac OS X to work with dynamic web
pages developed using Adobe Golive. In reading the Golive Instructions they say to change
the httpd.conf file in apache to reflect the paths of my server and site.  Adobe talks about
a virtual directory. Is that the same as a virtual host? Are the changes below the only changes
that need to be made to set apache web server for a virtual host?  According to Adobe they
are the only changes needed. Yet when I made these changes the dynamic pages do not seems
to work properly.

Alias /Documents "Library/WebServer"

<Directory "Library/WebServer/Documents">

       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI

       AllowOverride All

       Order allow,deny

       Allow from all

</Directory>