httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nicoll, Alan" <Alan.Nic...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem getting SSI working on Apache 1.3
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:50:06 GMT
Here's the section from httpd.conf followed closely by the web page I'm
using to test the SSI directives:
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews +Includes ExecCGI

# The XBitHack tells Apache to parse files for SSI directives if they
# have the execute bit set. So, to add SSI directives to an existing page
# rather than having to change the file name, you just need to make the file
# executable using chmod.

   XBitHack on
#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride None

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<head>
<title>Test of hit counter</title>
</head>

working.</p>
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/mcount.cgi" -->
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

When I view the web page all I see is the text checking that the page is
working; nothing else.  I'm expecting to see a hit counter and todays date.

Do I have to repeat these options for each subdirectory of htdocs?

Thanks.

XEROX The Document Company
-Alan (Nick) Nicoll
Printing Systems Group