httpd-users mailing list archives

From Neil Marjoram <n.marjo...@vam.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Help - Please Open Proxy
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:38:04 GMT
Help!

Suddenly I have an Open Proxy, it may have been there since the start,
but that is not my current concern. I need to switch it off, and don't
know how.

We use a ProxyPass statement in a virtual host so I need mod_proxy.

I have tried to set  ProxyRequests to Off / off and also tried setting
to on / On and block all but my domain with Allow from .your-domain.com
and Allow from none in here :

    <Directory proxy:*>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from .your-domain.com
   </Directory>

I've tried ProxyBlock *, Proxyvia Block / off / Off all inside and
outside my virtual host, but this has made no difference.

The server is RH 7.3 with apache-1.3.27-2, patched to the latest, but
the kernel is still 2.4.18-17.7.xsmp.

I've checked the system and am as sure as I can be that no one has
tampered with anything and MD5 sums look OK.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Neil.
--