httpd-users mailing list archives

From Loc Nguyen <...@piniongroup.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setup HTTP server
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:47:57 GMT

Hi all,

I am running an Apache web server version 1.3.26 on Debian Linux.
By default, the web server returns the server version as "Server:
Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux". Can I change this to say
something like "Server: Webserver" ? I don't want to give out too much
information about the web server.

Another question: When I telnet to the web server and issuing "OPTIONS
*" method, I get back "Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE". Can I reject
the OPTIONS method request with a 400 Bad Request error message ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Loc Nguyen