httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems finding libs - small update.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:30:21 GMT
On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 21:45, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:
> Actually, NO.  The error messages I presented did not change.
>
> Here's what I'm doing, please tell me what's wrong with it.
>
> # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/apache.new/libexec
> # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> # /usr/local/apache.new/bin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache.new/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache.new/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so into server: \
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache.new/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: \
> file /usr/local/apache.new/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so: \
> symbol ap_null_cleanup: referenced symbol not found
> /usr/local/apache.new/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>

> BTW, I can perform a man on ld.so.1, ld, and ldd.  Nothing makes
> reference of crle.  If you can tell me what Package its in on a New
> version of Solaris I can see if I have the package on CD.  Appreciate
> your assistance.

  SUNWtoo is the package name on Solaris 2.8.  Not sure about 2.7.

  Just a suggestion:  You may want to reconfigure/recompile apache
  after setting and exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This way everything
  gets built with the same environment.  I may be incorrect, but it
  looks suspiciously like some components were built incorrectly.

  HTH

--
Lee Fellows <lfellows@4lane.com>