httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Eduardo Gómez Noguera <davi...@servidor.unam.mx>
Subject [users@httpd] [RE] question on gzip Encoding
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:57:29 GMT
> How are you attempting to perform the GZIP-encoding? mod_deflate?
> mod_gzip for Apache 2.0.x? PHP native compression using ZLIB?
>
> I have used and tested mod_deflate on Apache 2.0.44 and it works
without
> any problem on static HTML and dynamic PHP files.
>
> Some more clarification will help.

Its php who is compressing it through ob_gzhandler.
The apache conf file has this two lines:

LoadModule deflate_module     modules/mod_deflate.so

AddEncoding x-compress Z
AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz

Now that i upgraded apache, it wont answer with an content-coding,
though the page will be compressed in either http 1.0 or 1.1.