httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts; document root as seen fromalocaluser account and from the internet
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 20:15:24 GMT
On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:49, George Walsh wrote:

> That means I am left with the need to interfere with incoming traffic
> and redirect it to the correct IP. I assume this is possible. I see lots
> of references to such rewriting but have never attempted to use it.
>
> Am I on the right track here?

  Others can probably help you better with that then I can.  If the
  router/firewall system you are using is only able to do port forwarding,
  no NAT ability to inside machines, then it sounds right.  You could
  go to name-based virtual hosts if you do not need SSL support.  Another
  possibility would be proxying to the proper host.

  Sounds like you have a good handle on it.

--
Lee Fellows <lfellows@4lane.com>