httpd-users mailing list archives

From RDru...@alamo.sh.rohmhaas.com (Ross Druker)
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and mod_frontpage
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:00:56 GMT
Jason,
Thanks for the tip about rudedog.  I had tried the mod_auth_ldap module from
muquit.com successfully, but there was no FrontPage compatibility documented.
 I will give the rudedog version a shot.

I took a quick look at the site, and the documentation they have there at
http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/1.6/auth_ldap.html is essentially identical to
the documentation on the apache site at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html.  My guess is that the
apache module is taken from rudedog.

I compared the documentation from the two sites on FrontPage and I noticed a
crucial omission in the docs on the apache site.  This short paragraph:

"To use FrontPage with auth_ldap, ensure that auth_ldap is compiled with the
-DAUTH_LDAP_FRONTPAGE_HACK. See the Makefile for more information."

This may explain why my mod_auth_ldap can't find the FrontPage stuff.  I will
re-compile and re-post once I've had a chance to test.

Thanks,
Ross

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:27:50 -0500
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
From: "Martens, Jason" <jmartens@cityofevanston.org>
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and mod_frontpage

I know that the module auth_ldap (NOT mod_auth_ldap) has a front page
compatibility section, you might look at that.
http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap. You could also try linking the
directory where it's looking to the actual files, and make sure you have
follow symlinks on in that directory.

Jason Martens