httpd-users mailing list archives

From Korkiss <kork...@mailru.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Development problem
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:04:10 GMT
Hello Robert,

>> I have faced a problem i cant solve.
>> I want to run process for long time (big callculating programm
>> which modeling physical processes) by clicking a button on my web
>> site. But httpd kills all child processes it made after KeepAlive
>> timeout. How could i avoid this killing? Most suitable
>> solution is without
>> recompiling apache and changing httpd.conf

NRD> We ran into the same problem with a system we built recently.  Basically we
NRD> put in a "timer" page in between the input and response.  This page
NRD> refreshed every n seconds and made a request to the server to see if the
NRD> program was ready with the response.  It works fairly well.

A cant afford refresh page because programm a run is calculating
average about a day or 2. Doesnt ur programm die after KeepAlive
timeout? As i understood u check every n seconds for result of
calculations of ur programm. So it seems to be not killed by httpd.
How did u make it? Is it run from web?

--
Best regards,
 Korkiss                            mailto:korkiss@mailru.com