httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Doumani" <fug...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:21:36 GMT
Thank you Jeff And Mystery Admin for your responses!

I have been successful in getting domain1.net to resolve correctly however
domain2.com comes back with "The page cannot be displayed" error. Pinging
www.domain2.com gets an unknown host error. I have double-checked with my
domain manager to make sure that the domain is properly mapped to the same
IP address.

Any ideas why one domain would work but not the other?

John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Cohen" <lists@gej-it.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 9:01 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Hosing me up

> Hello,
>
> I am having some problems working with VirtualHost. Whenever I add the
> following code to my http.conf file, I have the following strange
behaviour:

> a) I can't access any files other than the index file at the document root
> of the server.
> b) neither one of the virtual hosts actually resolves.
>
> I am new to the web server world. Any insight into this would be most
> appreciated. Do I need to contact the registrar of my domains and have
then
> point to my IP address? If so, will they both point to the same IP address
> and the configuration file will resolve each to the correct document root?
>
>  I am  running Apache 2.044 on Windows 2000 professional

HI,
Your configuration looks OK to me, except the ExecCGI at the document root
folder unless you are running .pl and .cgi scripts in the root folder (also
not really idle).
The domain names that you want to host must point to the same IP address
that the server listens on, that's for sure, for testing purposes you can
edit you local hosts file and add the server's IP address and see the
resolution.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen