httpd-users mailing list archives

From "System" <sys...@eluminoustechnologies.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Securing Images!!
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:41:59 GMT
Hello,

My intentions are to secure images from being accessed directly from the url
or to disable hotlinking.
What i want is images should be accessible only through scripts!!! Is it
possible???

I know .htaccess is the solution for it but for some reasons i don't want to
use .htaccess Authentication. So do i have another options like securing the
Images without .htaccess or May be i can put them outside the document root.
if so can u guys put be on a correct path or let me know where can i found
one!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Regards,
Tina