httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrus" <eetas...@online.ee>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: IE6+Adobe Reader 5 will not open a PDF File
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:44:37 GMT
As I wrote earlier, I have an application using my custom web server which
does exactly which I want:

display PDF files in IE 6.  It does to use CGI.

My web server does not use Location:, it returns bata directly to the
connection.

However, exactly the same PDF file is not displayed from Apache server.

According to a

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebteam/h
tml/webteam07012002.asp

if I use Content-disposition: Inline, then IE 6 displays PDF INSIDE browser
window

If PDF file does not start with %PDF-  , Acrobat reader displays error
message about this.
If PDF file is corrupted, Acrobat reader displays error message also.

What sniffer to use in Windows ? or is it possible to log packets from
Apache side ?
Opening the created pdf file from c: dirive displays it in reader without
problems.

I think Apache adds some headers which confuses IE or Reader.

Any help ?