httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nikunj Virani" <nik...@netsurf.co.in>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reg Apache Configuration
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:31:50 GMT
Yes. SetUID Scripts are one of the best solutions for your problems. I have
worked with many linux based control panels before and have used setUID perl
scrips for the purpose. For security reasons you must make sure that there
is only a controlled access to your servers. BTW which scripting language
are you using for creating webpages ?

Regards,
Nikunj Virani

----- Original Message -----
From: "tanmaya Anand" <tanmaya@techie.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Reg Apache Configuration

> Hi all,
>
> I have to create a web interface for controlling/administering Linux,
using apache as web server. For Example, There is a web page which allows
you to enter you DNS server(s), then, as soon as the user clicks the submit
button, the modified information should be written to /etc/resolv.conf &
"service  named restart" command should be executed.

> I'm able to write the information to resolv.conf, but i'm unable to
execute the command. In my view, this is some permissions problem( as apache
is
> running under user "nobody", with minimum privileges), but I'm unable to
rectify that.

> I'm a new to apache.
>
> Also kindly tell me the optimum configuration to just give above kind of
access from just one directory & keep the rest very restricted.