httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Strike <stri...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie Needs Help
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:23:36 GMT
One of your problems is that your NameVirtualHost declaration has to match the <VirtualHost>
container declarations that you want to service that IP:port.  You have NameVirtualHost *
and <VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>. Try changing one or the other so they both match.

Best of luck,
Tom S.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Global Point Solutions
  To: Users
  Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 9:45 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Newbie Needs Help

  I'm currently running Apache 2.0.45 on Win2k pro and everything is installed properly. However,
I'm unable to get display a web page or even get to the default page once the server is running;
Here's how I'm configed:
  ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
  Listen 80
  ServerAdmin admin@fsi1.net
  ServerName 192.168.1.105:80
  DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
  <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">
  NameVirtualHost *
  <VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
      DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs1
      ServerName www.fsi1.net
      ErrorLog logs/fsi1.net-error_log
      CustomLog logs/fsi1.net-access_log common
  </VirtualHost>
  <VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us
      DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs2
      ServerName www.gps1.us
      ErrorLog logs/gps1.us-error_log
      CustomLog logs/gps1.us-access_log common
  </VirtualHost>
  <VirtualHost 192.168.1.105:80>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@gps1.us
      DocumentRoot "C:Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/MyWebs3
      ServerName www.newboardtmbc.org
      ErrorLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-error_log
      CustomLog logs/newboardtmbc.org-access_log common
  </VirtualHost>

  Please show me what I did wrong or what I need to do that I didn't do. I truly appreciate
all you can do for me.

  CaseyR