httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RESOLVED (sort of): Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication with Apache 2.44 on Solaris 8 doesn't appear to work
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:40:33 GMT
> I've done some Googling on JRun and Apache and authentication, figuring
> that JRun might be interfering with the process somehow.
>
> I was right.  It seems that the JRun module loaded by
>
> LoadModule jrun_module
>
> intercepts http requests before Apache does, so the authentication
requests
> are never received by Apache.
>
> This is ugly.  There is probably a way to address the issue using Cold
> Fusion or JSP but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Have you tried changing the order that the jrun_module is loaded/added?
>From what I can tell, Apache runs the HTTP requests through the modules, in
the order they were loaded.  You might want to double check that mod_auth
(or whichever auth mod you are using) is loaded/added before jrun_module.
Or vice-versa.

I had problems with php not parsing content on ssl sites, and it turned out
that the order of mod_ssl and php mattered.

Of course, be sure to restart apache after httpd.conf changes.

-Jacob