httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Axelsen" <axels...@amadmax.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 18:28:45 GMT

My problem is that this is on a hosted server to which I don't have
configuration file access.

- ---
Aaron Axelsen
AIM: AAAK2
Email: axelseaa@amadmax.com

Want reliable web hosting at affordable prices?
www.modevia.com

Web Dev/Design Community/Zine
www.developercube.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 7:56 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite

Plain text please....

As a general tip, NEVER try out a new, unfamiliar directive in a
.htaccess file. There are too many pitfalls which could cause it to
fail to work. ALWAYS start by putting the new directive(s) directly
into the httpd.conf. Only when you are confident that they work and
that you understand them, can you safely move them into .htaccess.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

I have a .htaccess file with the following:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule (.*)  http://1.1.1.1$1 [P]

If fails to work.  Any ideas?

- - ---