httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Prince" <frien...@kaltelnet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] custom error messages are not working right
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:05:08 GMT
hi..

I am trying to set up custom error messages with apache 1.3.x php 4 mysql
3.2.xx under windows ME. i looked at the apache docs and sent mail to the
php mailing list about the subject and got no answer as to what the problem
could be. when i read the apache docs i did exactly as it said to set them
up but no luck really.

this is what I am trying to do.  I am setting up aa www-authenticate login
system for a web page. the login and everything works but when i want to get
a "401 Unauthorized" header sent back and then have a web page showing
things that could be the problem if either the username and password dont
match or the person presses cancel.  it doesnt seem to work because all i
get on either circumstance is a blank browser window. The other problem is
that I dont quite understand in the hppd.conf file under the custom error
messages section you can have a line like:

ErrorDocument 401 /errors/unauthorized.php

the only thing is what directory is /errors/unauthorized in?
My script works fine except the custom messages/errors part.

tnx for the help and will be looking for other answers in the mean time..