httpd-users mailing list archives

From "System" <sys...@eluminoustechnologies.com>
Subject [users@httpd] compiling php apache fails
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:26:13 GMT
Hello,

This Posting may not be for Apache but it is related to Apache so i am
posting it here.

I am on Redhat 7.3 ,Apache/1.3.27, (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.14, OpenSSL/0.9.6b and
php-4.1.2-7.3.6.

I compiled php and have done all the settings for apache in httpd.conf.
When i uncomment
#LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.module
Which should actually be

#LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
but in my httpd.conf it is libphp4.module
I don't have libphp4.so in libexec/

After uncommeting the following line, my apache fails to Restart.
#LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.module

I have two questions for the list.
Q1. Why i have libphp4.module and not libphp4.so.
Q2. Why Apache fails After uncommenting the LoadModule line?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tina.