httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Luc Wasmer" <jl.apa...@wasmer.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access control for files outside DocumentRoot -Solved
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:43:25 GMT
> > I was mislead my the doc and didn't try with <Location>
> > The description should be:
> > Context: directory, location, .htaccess
>
> If you click on the word "Context" in the listing, you will get this help
> page: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/directive-dict.html#Context
> which tells you that a "Directory" context includes "Location" and "Files"
> unless otherwise mentioned.

Yeah... my mistake. That's why I didn't say there was an error in the doc.
I found the doc _misleading_
They should use a different word than "directory" when referring to
Directory, Location and Files.

If I'm asking about the color of your house, I'm not expecting to have the
color of house, your garden shed and your country bungalow ;-)

Anyway, that's not a big deal.

Thanks again.

JL