httpd-users mailing list archives

From "System" <sys...@eluminoustechnologies.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Error: Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 06:11:25 GMT
Hello List,
In the morning while i was checking the apache logs suddenly i found apache
failed on one of the server. I restarted it and it worked fine. Again after
sometime it failed when i checked the error_log i found this .

[Thu Apr  3 01:03:58 2003] [warn] pid file /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid
overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

The message is not much difficult to understand. It looged this bcoz of the
previous improper shutdown of apache. so i killed all the httpd process
everything and retarted apache. It restarts it but my error_log is filled
with this message?

Anybody knows of this behaviour of apache??

Regards,
Tina.