httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Taco Fleur" <tacofl...@nella.net.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Alias Problem
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:10:23 GMT
Joshua,

I included the entire config file because the problem might lie
somewhere else in the config file that I am not aware off, I am sort of
a newbie to Apache.

Second, the point of the Alias is:

The directory CFIDE is located under C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs/
All my website content is located somewhere else.

Third, I'm not really sure what is not clear about my expression "Don't
work at all" I mean how much clearer can I get? And what else but trying
to access an Alias and get a error can happen?

Cheers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2003 8:02 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Alias Problem

[Please don't post your entire config file unless it is really
necessary.]

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Taco Fleur wrote:

> I have a problem with Aliases in the Apache Config file.
> The Alias to "Manual" works fine, the other two don't work at all no
> matter what I try, am I missing something obvious or??.... Any help is

> appreciated.

> Alias /cfdocs "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cfdocs"

What is the point of this Alias.  If you request
http://yourhost.example.com/cfdocs
without that alias, it should look in the directory "cfdocs" under your
documentroot, which is exactly where you are pointing the alias.  So
what are you trying to accomplish.

Second, the expression "don't work at all" is not helpful.  Say exactly
what you try, and exactly what the result is.

Joshua.