httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chad M. Shellenbarger" <cshel...@watchtv.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual host
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:44:41 GMT
Owen,
    You are right I have one IP and two domains...The reason that you see
them both going to the same site is because I put my default httpd.conf file
back in place so the site isn't down.  the www.watchtv.net site is our main
site and the other one is a secondary site that I am trying to get going.  I
have been trying things and when they didn't work I put the old back in the
mean time.  When I had it set as you suggested neither site would come up at
all.  I went through all the global setting to ensure that there is nothing
conflicting but could find anything.  Anything else you can thinkof would be
appreciated.   Thanks for your time..

Chad
----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] virtual host

directives outside the VHs which are overriding the VH settings. Do you have
a DocumentRoot directive outside of any VH? Do you have any other VHs (name,
port or IP-based)? How many IP addresses and sites are you serving from
apache (I am assuming 1 IP and two sites)?

> About the advice from Jason to use "*" instead of IP addresses - you can
do that if you like; the wildcard just means "use all listening TCP/IP
addresses" so even if you were listening to two or more IPs it would still
work. Personally, I prefer to state the IPs explicitly so I am clear who
doing what to whom. The recipe I have described with explicit IPs will work,
provided you do not have other DocRoots intercepting the request. Since you
continue to have problems, I suspect you might...