httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Moss" <Martin_m...@btinternet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache::Request question
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:43:51 GMT
All,

During one complete cycle of a Request, e.g.
authen handler -> authz handler -> method handler

should/does Apache give the same 'Apache' Object to my code.
e.g. If I dump the Apache object at the start of each 'handler' should I
expect to see the following identical line?:-
$VAR1 = bless( do{\(my $o = 145577148)}, 'Apache' );

<incidentally can anybody tell me what the $o refers to?>

The reason I ask is, that I don't see this behaviour. The first two handlers
(authen and authz) have the same one, but I get a new Apache Object for my
method handler.
This is causing me grief because it means that when I do an
Apache::request->instance($r) I get a NEW Apache::Request object not  the
same INSTANCE I was getting for the first two phases, and indeed expecting
to get for each phase of the request cycle (I editted the
Apache::Request->instance subroutine to print a warning whenever it can't
find the previous object in the pnotes, and it is definitely creating a new
object).
Also, The Apache::Request Object that is created based upon the new Apache
Object doesn't go out of scope until I stop apache. Which doesnt' seem
right.

I am not calling the child_terminate anywhere and so I am confused as to
whether this is standard behaviour or not.

Can anybody throw me a light on this one?

Marty