httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andres" <eetas...@online.ee>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI application whose name starts with nph- is not executed (bug?)
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:25:55 GMT
I need to get basic authenticated user name and password to my cgi app.
Since Apache does not pass password to a cgi app, I try to use cgi app with
non-parsed headers
to get password. There is no documentation about this in Apache.

While implementing this, I encountered the following issue.

To reproduce:

1. Install any cgi script  named

nph-eva.exe

to eeva virtual directory

2. type

http://127.0.0.1/eeva/nph-eva.exe

in  browser

Observed result:

Nothing happens.
There are no entries in access, error and cgi logs.
nph-eeva.exe does not get any input from stdin.
Browser does not display any data.

Expected result:

nph-eva.exe  script must be executed.

Is there a way to get authentication user name and pass sent by browser by
basic authentication ?

Environment

Windows 2000 Workstation
Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.7a Server at 127.0.0.1 Port
80