httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitri" <...@canada.com>
Subject [users@httpd] safe environment list
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:11:33 GMT
Hi,
quoting http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html ,

>Can we successfully clean the process environment to ensure safe
operations?
>suEXEC cleans the process' environment by establishing a safe execution
PATH (defined during >configuration), as well as only passing through those
variables whose names are listed in the safe environment list (also created
during configuration).

However, the question is, how to make suEXEC _NOT_ clean up certain
variables? I looked everywhere and couldn't find any references to
configuring the list, except the above fragment.
So i had to edit suexec.c, which doesn't seem like a good solution. There
don't seem to be any such configure options or anything at all. Is it just
me or is the list not designed to be configured?

I am trying to use SetEnv QMAILSUSER ... but suexec removes those variables,
which is not good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--Dmitri