httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi serving xml from Apache problem
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:42:08 GMT
> Howdy - I've got a Ruby script I'm trying to use to serve up some xml. I
> posted to the Ruby list and now it seems to be an Apache and stupid-me
> issue. Can anyone enlighten me?

What, exactly, is the problem?  Transfer-Encoding: chunked means just that:
it breaks up the result into smaller chunks which look like:

size (in hex)
data
size
data
0

Whatever is on the recipient side must understand the Transfer-Encoding
directive and recombine the pieces.  I haven't actually checked, but it
seems like apache defaults to a chunked transfer for files.

There may be some extra stuff added to safely transmit the data, which is
where you are getting the extra 10 bytes.

-Jacob