httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PC SOFT" <res...@pcsoft.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Registry settings under Win9x
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:33:15 GMT
Hi,

I recently met a problem with the Windows installers for Apache (with the
1.3.XX and 2.0.XX). Under Win 95/98/Me,
the installer does not create the registry key to locate httpd
(HKLM\Software\Apache Group\Apache\version\ServerRoot).
I don't know if this a a bug or if I missed something.
This problem only shows under 95/98 and Me (I also use NT4 / 2000 / XP and a
2003RC2 and everything works fine).
I tried to install Apache as a service (doesn't have much sense on these
OSes) or only for the current user but it doesn't solve my problem.
I noted that I have this problem with the recent .msi installers (not with
the old .exe ones).
I have searched docs/faq to find if there was another way to find where is
the httpd installed (at least where is the httpd.conf
because I use it to configure Apache automatically from another
application).
Does anyone have the same problem (and perhaps an answer) ?

Thanks
Emmanuel