httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Murcott" <pmurc...@nex.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Uninstalling apache 2.0.30 from Windows XP
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2003 06:32:54 GMT
Hello.

I installed Apache 2.0.39 onto Windows XP the cheats way - by downloading an msi file &
just double-clicking it, and it worked fine.

But now I'm trying to link it to Tomcat, & I'm having trouble.  I'd like to reinstall
Apache (to remove the spaces in the path name), but windows won't let me.  It gives me the
error message that "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
 Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation
package 'Apache HTTP server 2.0.39.msi' in the box below.

I've tried re-downloading the installation software for Apache, but Windows still doesn't
like it, and gives me the same error message.

Is anyone out there able to tell me how to manually unstall Apache from Windows XP? - or direct
me to any instructions?  (I can't install a new version without uninstalling the old version).
 (Note that you're dealing here with someone who hasn't gone around editing registry files
before, so any detailed instructions would be most appreciated).

ps  Is there a way to find a windows installation version of Apache that includes ssl?

Thanks for any assistance.

Paul.