httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrus" <eetas...@online.ee>
Subject [users@httpd] IE6+Adobe Reader 5 will not open a PDF File from CGI app
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:07:03 GMT
I created a PDF file (mypdf.pdf) in a CGI app and want to display it in
browser.

I return the following data from my CGI application:

Location: /myloc/mypdf.pdf

Results observed:

 [v] show PDF in browser checkbox is selected in Adobe PDF reader 5 :

         Empty screen without any error appers. Access log shows that Apache
reads pdf file
          put browse does not show it.

 [ ] show PDF in browser checkbox is not selected in Adobe PDF reader 5 :

        As save dialog appers in IE 6. It is possible to save a PDF, not to
open.

Typing   /myloc/mypdf.pdf in browser command line shows PDF OK.

I thin Apache sends http headers which causes IE not no allow open a pdf
file.

Is it possible to show or open PDF in browser using Apache ?

Environment:

Apache/2.0.44 (Win32) Server
Windows 98
IE 6