httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Villa" <jvi...@isdesigndev.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Running Apache on Windows ME fails
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:31:16 GMT
Well, I don't know how easy it will be to apply the path with this
person that I am helping.  So I have asked her to intall and older
version of Apache (1.xx).

Anyway, when the installer runs she is prompted to name Network Domain
and the Servername, well, the default are things like

Chello.at
And 1l3k4j2.chello.at.

How would this affect her being able to view localhost from her browser
all she gets is a white page

When I tried pinging her ip, I did receive a response.

---> Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: animesh bansriyar [mailto:animesh@neolinuxsolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:13 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Running Apache on Windows ME fails

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Either apply the patch that was available with this version or, even
> better, use 2.0.45.

I was trying to use apache-2.0.44 without the win 32 patch.
I will try using apache-2.0.45 and see if it works.

ONe more thing I wanted to ask is that whether I would be able to use
apache-2.0.45 on WIN ME without any problem. I have heard that the
apache,
php and mysql run as services in windows enviornment and win 2000/NT has
support for this feature and win 9x/Me doesn't have. So, how do I go
about
running a mixture of apache+PHP+MySQL on Win Me.

Bear with me if this is not the correct question for this list.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Animesh
Animesh Bansriyar, Chief Consultant