httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gergely Zayzon" <ger...@harras.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Formatting Name of Log file
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:23:54 GMT
This is only for customizing the log entries written into the log files, but
nothing to do with the name of the log files. If you want to rotate the log
files on a regular basis, you need to use an external script or program like
the rotatelogs or cronolog, you can also try to make one as I did it (did
not like piping, creates a lot of processes).

Take a look around here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#rotation
and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#piped