httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Randy Grafton" <rgraf...@indatacorp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] File Corruption
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:30:03 GMT
The file being downloaded is an install exe. The exe errors out during the
install process. When the file is first made available on the server
downloading and running the install works fine, but after lots of access to
the file it stops working and another copy of the file is put on the Apache
server.

-Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: ken@heidegger.mousecar.net [mailto:ken@heidegger.mousecar.net] On
Behalf Of gebser@ameritech.net
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 4:31 PM
To: Apache
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] File Corruption

What test(s) did you run to determine that files are corrupted?

At 15:55 (UTC-0700) on Thu, 24 Apr 2003 Randy Grafton said:

= We have apache 2.0.44 running on FreeBSD 4.7. The system is responsible
for
= storing files that our customers download. The files are uploaded to the
= server through ssh/sftp. Once the files are uploaded we do a 'test'
download
= to verify that the file is intact and ready for customer access. It seems
= that as the file is pulled down several times by clients that it becomes
= corrupt, leaving us to re-upload a fresh copy of the file to the server.
The
= permissions on the file are read-only for the httpd user ID. Nothing is
= listed in the error log-file regarding access to the corrupted file. This
= problem is not limited to any single file, it is happening to any file
that
= experiences heavy traffic/requests for it to be downloaded. Any pointers
or
= advice is very much appreciated.
=
= -Randy
=
=
=
= The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
= See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
= For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
=
=