httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ms. Vera O Newman" <m.my...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "Little Girl Lost" still needs some serious help/Apache Problems
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:00:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Ritchie" <Jeff@pri.com.au>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:57 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] "Little Girl Lost" still needs some serious
help/Apache Problems

> But it appears to be running, just needing a bit of skinning (not sure
what
> they call that in phpBB, basically add look and feel, new graphics etc).

I have been having problems with the templates it seems..   There are many
to choose from or you can custimze them..
I am thinking of getting ride of them for now..

> Will hunt out the list addresses, l get a digest one approx every two
weeks.

Thank you hun it is much appericated :)~

> No, was wondering how easy the board software was to install. Currently
> running Invision, vBulletin, and wBB vers 1.0. Have been completely unable
> to install wBB vers 2.0. Was wondering how hard it was to install phpBB,
> like should l set aside an hour or join the support forum for a day long
> attempt.

Well it depends on what type of set up if your going to serve the site or
your going to have some other provider host it.. I am sure they are both
equally easy but still it will take more than an hour to set everything up..
if you haven't done it before.. :) But I am willing to offer my help any way
i can hun :)

> So you are running a windows setup (self hosting). With Apache, MySQL, PHP
> and phpBB installed.

Yep :)

> Since we both can see the Bulletin board it would indicate that
Apache,PHP,
> and MySQL are running fine. Boards are written in PHP script and one ofthe
> first SQL statements passed to MySQL by the scripts is one to extract the
> forums when you log forum home. Okay had another look, went from forums
home to the guest forum, thentried to post a test message and got all sorts
of script errors (microsoft message boxs).

 This is the error in the apache log file that  I am receiving..
[Tue Apr 08 23:33:56 2003] [warn] (OS 64)The specified network name is no
longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

> Would suggest you uninstall phpBB and re-install. Something really flacky
> going on with it.

If I reinstall  I have to think about if I want to back up my database ( oh
all that damned writing on the messageboards lol) Chances are that the
database will have some problems as well ifi try to save it .. I will
reinstall it .. after I try to do a database back up..lets see. :)

> Another problem area can be the sequence in which MySQL and PHP are
> installed on Windows boxes, MySQL should always be installed first :) But
l don't think this is your problem.

Well thats good I hope...

> The error shown on forums home, which appears to be some html, would
> indicate somethings corrupted in one of the phpBB scripts imo.

Do you know exactly what it says hun?

> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

Thank you bunches  ( hugs & Kisses)

Vera

McCool.

<URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#lockfile>);
> [...]
> > # ScoreBoardFile: File used to store internal server process
information.
> > # If unspecified (the default), the scoreboard will be stored in an
> > # anonymous shared memory segment, and will be unavailable to
third-party
> > # applications.
> > # If specified, ensure that no two invocations of Apache share the same
> > # scoreboard file. The scoreboard file MUST BE STORED ON A LOCAL DISK.
> > #
> > #ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
> >
> > #
> > # PidFile: The file in which the server should record its process
> > # identification number when it starts.
> > #
> > PidFile logs/httpd.pid
> >
> > #
> > # Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
> > #
> > Timeout 300
> >
> > #
> > # KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
> > # one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
> > #
> > KeepAlive On
> >
> > #
> > # MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
> > # during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
> > # We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.
> > #
> > MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
> >
> > #
> > # KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from
> the
> > # same client on the same connection.
> > #
> > KeepAliveTimeout 15
> >
> > ##
> > ## Server-Pool Size Regulation (MPM specific)
> > ##
> >
> > # WinNT MPM
> > # ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in the server
process
> > # MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum  number of requests a server process
serves
> > <IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
> > ThreadsPerChild 250
> > MaxRequestsPerChild  0
> > </IfModule>
> >
> > #
> > # Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
> > # ports, instead of the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
> > # directive.
> > #
> > # Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
> > # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
> > #
> > #Listen 12.34.56.78:8080
> > Listen 8080
> >
> > #
> > # Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
> > #
> > # To be able to use the functionality of a module which was built as a
DSO
> [...]
> > #EnableMMAP off
> >
> > #
> > # EnableSendfile: Control whether the sendfile kernel support is
> > # used  to deliver files (assuming that the OS supports it).
> > # The default is on; turn this off if you serve from NFS-mounted
> > # filesystems.  Please see
> > # http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#enablesendfile
> > #
> > #EnableSendfile off
> >
> > #
> > # ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.
> > # If you do not specify an ErrorLog directive within a <VirtualHost>
> > # container, error messages relating to that virtual host will be
> > # logged here.  If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>
> > # container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.
> > #
> > ErrorLog logs/error.log
> >
> > #
> > # LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error.log.
> > # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
> > # alert, emerg.
> > #
> > LogLevel warn
> >
> > #
> > # The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
> > # a CustomLog directive (see below).
> > #
> > LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
> > combined
> > LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
> > LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
> > LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
> >
> > # You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
> > #LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
> %I
> > %O" combinedio
> >
> > #
> > # The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
> > # If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
> > # container, they will be logged here.  Contrariwise, if you *do*
> > # define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
> > # logged therein and *not* in this file.
> > #
> > CustomLog logs/access.log common
> >
> > #
> > # If you would like to have agent and referer logfiles, uncomment the
> > # following directives.
> > #
> > #CustomLog logs/referer.log referer
> > #CustomLog logs/agent.log agent
> >
> > #
> > # If you prefer a single logfile with access, agent, and referer
> information
> > # (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
> > #
> > #CustomLog logs/access.log combined
> >
> > #
> > # ServerTokens
> > # This directive configures what you return as the Server HTTP response
> > # Header. The default is 'Full' which sends information about the
OS-Type