httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph Loegering" <JosephLoeger...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installation of Apache on Windows ME...
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 06:15:04 GMT
Jonathan
I just found that if "UseCanonicalName" is "On", and after you get a virtual
localhost working on a port other than 80, the main server config can be set
Listen YourIP:80 #and
Listen 127.0.0.1:80 #which will make localhost work on port 80 and your
www.domain also, then your can delete the port 81 virtualhost, but without
"UseCanonicalName On" or with Listen Localhost:80 it will not let it work. I
could not get it to work at all even with Listen 127.0.0.1:80 until I got
the virtual host first working on port 81, then added Listen 127.0.0.1:80
once I got it working. Then I could  delete the virtual host on 81 and
Listen 127.0.0.1:80 still worked. This is the second server I used on ME
where the Localhost either would not work all the time or would not work
right the way it does on Linux.
Joiseph