httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Randy Grafton" <rgraf...@indatacorp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] File Corruption
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:55:07 GMT
We have apache 2.0.44 running on FreeBSD 4.7. The system is responsible for
storing files that our customers download. The files are uploaded to the
server through ssh/sftp. Once the files are uploaded we do a 'test' download
to verify that the file is intact and ready for customer access. It seems
that as the file is pulled down several times by clients that it becomes
corrupt, leaving us to re-upload a fresh copy of the file to the server. The
permissions on the file are read-only for the httpd user ID. Nothing is
listed in the error log-file regarding access to the corrupted file. This
problem is not limited to any single file, it is happening to any file that
experiences heavy traffic/requests for it to be downloaded. Any pointers or
advice is very much appreciated.

-Randy