httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Webmaster" <webmas...@sunshinearcade.com>
Subject [users@httpd] bash: apachectl: command not found
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:29:42 GMT
I have been receiving this through endless installs of RH8 and 9 and
compiles of httpd-2.0.45. I seem only to be able to Apache as an RPM. In
fact I think I have memorized the configure, make and make install screens
I've seen them so many times. But nothing I do makes Linux aware of Apache
except to use the rpm.

I've even added apachectl to /etc/init.d and run >chkconfig --add apachectl
(this works for programs such as MySql when installing from source).

There is no log since apache has never started, only

bash: apachectl (or httpd): command not found

The files there but Linux doesn't know to execute them.

Please help me. I'm going on week 3 with this.

Thanks, Paul