httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I want to password protect all directories except one....
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:44:13 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: George Gallen [mailto:ggallen@slackinc.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 1:48 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] I want to password protect all directories except
one....

my .htaccess file looks like:
AuthUserFile location of .htpasswd file
AuthName "Welcome message, Please Login"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user
Which works just fine, but since it's in my top level
directory, it protects all the way down the tree
However, I want to setup a directory that I can place
some dynamically produced html files that non-users
can access.
Do I just put a new .htaccess file in the directory
I don't want protected? or can I specify in my top level
.htacess the directory not to protect?
Thanks
George