httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Alias not working
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:52:08 GMT
Ok guys, the trailing slash has a meaning, and it's in the docs as well.

Alias /folder /home/folder - will point to http://website.com/folder +
http://website.com/folder/

Alias /folder/ /home/folder/ - will point only to http://website.com/folder/

Alias /folder /home/folder/ - will not point!

Alias /folder/ /home/folder - will point to the right folder but files are
not accessible, which means - not good. :)

All the best,
Jeff Cohen