httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Willem-Jan Meijer" <mey...@chello.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Installation of Apache on Windows ME...
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:46:50 GMT
"Jonathan Villa" <jvilla@isdesigndev.com> schreef op Monday, April 21, 2003
9:03 AM:

Ryan N. David schreef op maandag 21 april 2003 16:34:

> Did you make sure the DocumentRoot directive was pointed to the
> correct directory, and that he is using forward slashes in the path
> name?  ie: DocumentRoot "C:/Apache/htdocs"  ?
>
> Just an obvious quickie to check :)
>
> -Ryan

To Ryan:

If there isn't set a DocumentRoot other than default, there's always a
standard page that comes with the installation of apache, so this isn't
the problem...If he deleted all the files in htdocs, there should be a
404 error in the error logfile.

To the guy who wants to setup apache:

Did you check there's a firewall running that blocks traffic to port 80?

-WJ

/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan
is. Your's just going to put your faith in me, because I see the
picture and you don't. You know I'm good, because I told you so. If you
don't believe me, I'll throw you on my enemies list and throw you in a
pit where Infernal Revenue Service will audit your taxes for eternity*/