httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Ferrigan" <peter.ferri...@mci.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite help
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:02:32 GMT

Good evening, all.

I need some help with the mod_rewrite in Apache 1.3.27 (Solaris
9/Sparc).  I've been presented with a problem where my company changed
it's domain name.  I need to force anything going to the old domain to
the new one and I cannot do this with DNS (long story)

Pretty much like this:

Hostname.olddomain.com

Needs to go to

Hostname.newdomain.com

I've tried redirects, but that doesn't take into account any directory
that the user may have typed in.  So, in an ideal world it would work
like this:

Hostname.olddomain.com/whateveritype  will end up at
hostname.newdomain.com/whateveritype

Can anyone lend me a hand with this?

Thanks in advance!

- Peter